*The project is in transition, moving to Codeplex and Github for the 2.0 release. Please bear with us in the meantime!
Ninject is a lightweight and lightning-fast .NET dependency injection framework.
needs updated for 2.0 release
Source Repository (Github)
Ninject is a lightning-fast, ultra-lightweight dependency injector for .NET applications. It helps you split your application into a collection of loosely-coupled, highly-cohesive pieces, and then glue them back together in a flexible manner. By using Ninject
to support your software's architecture, your code will become easier to write, reuse, test, and modify.
- Focused. Too many existing dependency injection projects sacrifice usability for features that aren't often necessary. Each time a feature is added to Ninject, its benefit is weighed against the complexity it adds to everyday use. Our goal is to keep
the barrier to entry - the baseline level of knowledge required to use Ninject - as low as possible. Ninject has many advanced features, but understanding them is not required to use the basic features.
- Sleek. Framework bloat is a major concern for some projects, and as such, all of Ninject's core functionality is in a single assembly with no dependencies outside the .NET base class library. This single assembly's footprint is approximately 85KB
when compiled for release.
- Fast. Instead of relying on reflection for invocation, Ninject takes advantage of lightweight code generation in the CLR. This can result in a dramatic (8-50x) improvement in performance in many situations.
- Precise. Ninject helps developers get things right the first time around. Rather than relying on XML mapping files and string identifiers to wire up components, Ninject provides a robust domain-specific language. This means that Ninject takes advantage
of the capabilities of the language (like type-safety) and the IDE (like IntelliSense and code completion).
- Agile. Ninject is designed around a component-based architecture, with customization and evolution in mind. Many facets of the system can be augmented or modified to fit the requirements of each project.
- Stealthy. Ninject will not invade your code. You can easily isolate the dependency on Ninject to a single assembly in your project.
- Powerful. Ninject includes many advanced features. For example, Ninject is the first dependency injector to support contextual binding, in which a different concrete implementation of a service may be injected depending on the context in which it is requested.